We remain open (4th January 2021)
Great Horkesley Dental Studio Remains Open – National Lockdown Announcement 4th January 2021.
This week the Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced a third national lockdown due to the increasing infection rate of Covid-19 cases and hospital admissions.
As in the previous lockdown (5th November 2020 – 2nd December 2020) Great Horkesley Dental Studio remains open. There are no restrictions with regards to medical treatment and indeed you are actively encouraged to keep your appointments. All staff at Great Horkesley Dental Studio has been provided with all the necessary personal protection equipment (PPE) as required by Public Health England. We all continue to adhere to the surgeries rigid Covid-19 protocol and the Standard Operating Procedure issued by the office of the chief dental officer for England. In doing so we hope to reduce any risk factors to as low as achievable.
We do however recommend that patients in the high risk category delay any non essential appointments until further guidance has been given by the relevant bodies.
When you arrive:
You must not attend your appointment if you have any COVID-19 symptoms or are awaiting a test result. Attendance to the practice is strictly by appointment only, we do not operate a walk-in service.
- You must wear a mask when attending the surgery unless you have a medical exemption this must be worn at all times apart from when receiving treatment or being examined.
- You must come on your own (unless there is a need to be accompanied).
- You should arrive at the appointed time and call us from your vehicle to let us know you have arrived. For local residents arriving on foot please call from your mobile on arrival whilst remaining outside the practice.
- Please avoid arriving early unless expressly asked to by a member of the team.
- You will be required to remain in your car or outside the practice until collected by one of our nurses or reception team. You will be asked to sanitise your hands we may also take your temperature when you arrive.
- Please wear seasonal clothing, any coats and other belongings including handbags, shopping or school bags must be left at home or in your vehicle during your appointment.
- Ensure you use your facilities at home as the WC is no longer for patient use.
- We are taking contactless payments whenever possible if you wish to pay by cash please ensure you have the correct money which should be placed in a money bag or envelope.
- Please could you clean your teeth thoroughly before attending for your appointment and avoid all food and drinks until after your appointment.
All our treatment rooms will be pre-paired prior to your appointment with all surfaces disinfected after every patient. Every treatment room has had an external exhausted fan system fitted which exchanges the air when performing aerosol generating procedures (AGPs).
The practice has also invested in software which allows you to access documents remotely which require updating or completing prior to your appointment via the “Patient Portal”. This reduces the points of contact within the practice which aides us in reducing the risk of transmission. Further details of the portal can be discussed when booking an appointment.
Other changes you may notice on your visit include:
Sneeze guard fitted the entire length of the reception desk
Social distance markers
Reduced seating in waiting areas
Hand sanitiser stations
Reception staff wearing PPE
Please also note that all our staff our tested every 3-4 days ensuring we remain Covid free and that we are safe and able to see and treat our patients.
Contact Our Treatment Coodinator
We offer a range of treatments, which can all be discussed with our Treatment Coordinator. Just give us a call on 01206 271 192 or fill out the contact form to arrange a consultation:
Our Treatment Coordinator's role is to use training and in-depth knowledge to inform and educate you, ensuring you can make informed decisions that are right for you. This means that all our patients have someone to talk to, throughout their journey with us.
Give us a call on 01206 271 192 or fill out the contact form and we'll be in touch.